installing Freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)

Hassan, Hazem (Nokia - EG/Cairo) hazem.hassan at nokia.com
Tue Feb 9 00:58:47 CET 2021

Hi ,

I have installed freeradius 3.0 on Debian 10 as follows :

#sudo apt-get install freeradius

And after that I added the BNG on clinets.conf file , adding a test-user for test on users file ... it doesn't work and making some troubles while restarting the freeradius service with "exit code" error.

My questions are :

  *   The above command is enough to install freeradius on Debian 10 (buster)?
  *   I didn't add any MySql databas as it should be part of the package , is not ?
  *   I googled and see some sites that drives to have daloRadius along with Debian , however I understand it shouldn't be  and they are fully independent?

Thanks,
Hazem