EAP-PEAP: unknown ca error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 8 23:33:56 CET 2021

On Jan 8, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Nick Iatsenko <msenko87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Root CA is used to issue Server cert (no intermediate cert is used - it's a
> home setup ;) ).
>
> I installed Root CA cert on my Pixel3 > Settings > Security > Encryption &
> Credentials > Install a certificate >  CA Certificate > followed the dialog
>
> New Root CA cert is visible under Settings > Security > Encryption &
> Credentials > Trusted credentials > User
>
> My concern: I don't see my new Root CA cert under CA certificate section in
> the Wi-Fi profile and have to choose "Use system certificates"

  If the CA isn't available in the WiFi profile, then that's the reason it's not working.

  If it works on one OS and not another, then the problem is the broken OS.  FreeRADIUS provably works...

> Below is the debug result. I hope it helps to confirm my hypothesis
> (presented Server cert is not Trusted by Android phone).

  Yes.  Fix the WiFi phone.  How?  Uh... I dunno.  Android is magic :(

> Feel free to forward me to the other Android related resource if this is
> not the right place to ask for help with my issue.

  We can offer limited advice here.  If iOS works and Android doesn't, then the issue is a configuration problem on Android.