Lists other than request in rlm_rest

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Mon Jan 11 22:21:28 CET 2021

Hi all,

I’d like to get control and reply attributes in to rlm_rest requests - we use control attributes for results of various bits of logic which we then translate in to reply attributes in post-auth if relevant - and it’d be useful to get those control attributes in to rest. Reply attributes in there would be useful as well, so we can “log" to a rest endpoint and include the request and reply (and control!) - a slightly different use case but same “tool”.

>From what I can see, there doesn’t seem to be a way to have rlm_rest send attributes in the body (in JSON, let’s say) other than request attributes - the code I can see (rest_encode_json etc.) seems to be always looking at the request (request_t->packet->vps).

Is there a clever way I haven’t thought of to get control and reply attributes in to rest requests?

--
Nathan Ward