EAP-TLS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 6 15:04:46 CEST 2021

On Jun 6, 2021, at 8:01 AM, Henrik Schack via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> This is what it generates on startup in debug mode.
> ..
> Listening on auth address * port 1812 bound to server default
> Listening on acct address * port 1813 bound to server default
> Listening on auth address :: port 1812 bound to server default
> Listening on acct address :: port 1813 bound to server default
> Listening on proxy address * port 32997
> Listening on proxy address :: port 48480
> Ready to process requests

  That is not helpful.

  Please read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  To answer your various other questions:

1) ask HOW to do something.  FreeRADIUS can do almost anything.  If you ask "can I do X?", then the answer is almost always "yes".

2) ask good questions. give as much information as possible about what you want to do, what you tried doing, and what happened

3) don't ask for "a configuration example".  The server comes with large amounts of documentation and comments.  There's a Wiki, too.

4) If the Mac wants to do username / password authentication, then you need to configure the Mac to do EAP-TLS.  Apple has a configuration tool / GUI which you can use: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator-2/id1037126344?mt=12

5) don't play the "20 questions game".  Give ALL of the relevant information.  In ONE message.  If you give new / different information in each message, people get tired, and give up.

  This is a technical help list.  We're happy to help with technical answers.  But asking good questions is useful skill.