Networkradius packages for freeradius-3.0.22-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 8 12:21:50 CEST 2021

On Sep 8, 2021, at 2:59 AM, Clive Allen <cliveallen0907 at gmx.com> wrote:
>   Under normal circumstances I would simply install 3.0.23 as you
>   suggested,
>   however, we have customers who are utilising 3.0.22 and I need to get
>   the
>   labs set up exactly the same so I can start testing the new
>   configurations
>   they are asking for.

  i.e. people are paying you to do FreeRADIUS work, but you want us to work for you, for free.

  Hmm...

>   I have created the new baseURL with
>   https://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-3.0/centos/7/
>   and, in fact, if I go the URL sure enough, there is version 3.0.22.
>   However, again, when I try to list
>   freeradius (yum list freeradius) I only get 3.0.23 in the listing. If I
>   try to install via the actual version
>   name then I get a yum response of "it cannot be found, nothing to do".
>   This is really frustrating as version 3.0.22 is at the URL, as you
>   rightly state, but it simply will not
>   show in any listing.
>
>   I also tried the yum install direct from the URL to bypass the repo
>   file, with no luck either. I do not
>   want to go down the manual route of rpm installation as I am not overly
>   expert with Linux as yet
>   and will more than likely mess it up. Any further help would be
>   appreciated.

  a) build 3.0.22 yourself.  It isn't difficult.  After all, all of the source is online.

  b) download 3.0.22 manually, and manually install it on the customer machines

  c) ask RedHat how yum works.

  When students ask on Stack Overflow how to do their networking assignments, the response is "do your own work".  Something similar applies here.