Freeradius , AD and Mikrotik Integration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 18 14:36:39 CEST 2021

On Sep 18, 2021, at 3:23 AM, ReZa Esfahani <esfahanii.reza at gmail.com> wrote:
> .i really need help .i have a Microsoft Active Directory in my network
> as a user database , and i installed freeradius as my radius server
> for wireless users and i have mikrotik router which i implement Nat
> ,Qos and Queue for bandwidth management .i integrate my freeradius
> with Active Directory so wireless user can authenticate via Active
> Directory. but my problem is how can i send user attributes to
> mikrotik for limiting RX and Tx  bandwidth while users are not  in
> Freeradius user file . how can i tell mikrotik to create a queue for
> that user which authenticates via Active Directory.

  You don't need to put everything in AD *or* everything in the "users" file.

  You can put user names and passwords in AD, and then put mikrotik rules into the "users" file.  Or, put users and passwords into AD, and then the mikrotik rules into "unlang".  It's up to you.

  Please explain WHAT you want to return, and WHEN you want to return it to the NAS.  Are the rules the same for all users?  Are they different for different user groups?