FreeRadius Fresh installation 3.0.23 "${dialect}" Reference "${dialect}" not found

Jonathan Davis jonathan at prioritycolo.com
Thu Sep 23 14:41:30 CEST 2021

I setup a new box not more than a month ago, Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS with
freeradius/focal,now 3.0.20+dfsg-3build1 amd64

FreeRadius installed to /etc/freeradius/3.0/

I had problems (due to yubico's pam module and not reading the docs
thoroughly), but not the one you experienced. I'm still curious how the
name for the sql module is being changed from sql to modules.

What steps did you take, did you edit any other configs, what docs are
you following?