FreeRadius Fresh installation 3.0.23 "${dialect}" Reference "${dialect}" not found

Kristofer Hallin kristofer at sunet.se
Thu Sep 23 16:50:06 CEST 2021

Hi,

I got curious and started a fresh VM with Ubuntu myself (Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS). I installed the packages from NetworkRADIUS and symlinked status, sql and ldap just like you did. I then changed dialect in sql from sqlite to mysql and restarted FreeRADIUS without seeing the same issue as you do (TLS for MySQL, LDAP config etc are out of the scope here).

The sql configuration now has the following two lines for dialect and driver:

  dialect = "mysql"
  driver = "rlm_sql_${dialect}"

And that was the _only_ change I made to the configuration and it works.

BR,
/K

—
Kristofer Hallin