Additional backslash being added in password

Burn Zero burnzerog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:02:10 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am using FreeRADIUS version - 3.0.17

While investigating some login authentication failures, I found that if the
user has a backslash \ in their password, then another backslash is being
added and the login fails.

For example: if a user has a password R at ndom\String, then in FreeRADIUS it
is being taken as R at ndom\\String. ( one more backslash is added ).

Could you please let me know how to make FreeRADIUS accept the single
backslash character as it is and not to add extra backslash?

Thank you.