warning and ignore radius log messages

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 29 14:37:37 UTC 2022

On Apr 29, 2022, at 10:30 AM, Can Paçacı <pacaci at servisnet.com.tr> wrote:
> How can we find where there are a corruption or misconfiguration in the database? Could you please help a bit for that.

  It's not corruption.  The database is slow.

> According to customer needs and integrations, the changes we made in the radius database are  to add some tables and add columns to some tables and also created some indexes. And also it keeps a single record for each session then it was updating this in incoming messages about the session. But we changed it to open a log for every incoming message.

  The default configuration works, and is fast.  If you make changes, then you have to understand what the impact of those changes are.

  If you add too many indexes, then the database will get slow.  On the other hand, if you have 100 million rows and no indexes, then the database will also be slow.

  You have to configure the queries and database to do the least amount of work possible for every packet.  That's the only way to fix things.

  Some general recommendations are here:  https://networkradius.com/articles/2022/01/10/its-always-the-database.html