Providing dynamic DHCP leases for multiple routers on multiple interfaces

Matthew McTague matthew.mctague at vetta.nz
Thu Aug 4 00:03:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

I want to use FreeRADIUS to provide DHCP, using a MySQL database to store information.

I have multiple MikroTik routers that each have DHCP Relay configured for multiple interfaces, with unique local / source addresses.
I want to configure an IP pool per interface, and authenticate client devices by mac address.

I see I can configure clients in sites-available/dhcp using their IPv4 addresses, and I think this will allow me to set IP-Pool.Name for each client. In my scenario, these clients would each represent a DHCP Relay configured for a specific interface on a MikroTik router).
I understand that I can use mods-available/sqlippool to configure IP pools using an SQL table. I like this, it's ideal for my needs.
Rather than storing these clients in sites-available/dhcp, I would like to store these in MySQL. Is this possible?
For authenticating by mac address, I understand that I can include sql.authorize in sites-available/dhcp and this will allow me to authenticate using the radcheck and radreply tables.

Would this plan work, and is this the correct way to achieve my goal?

Many thanks,

.[cid:vg-email_e752d47f-182a-48d0-8808-3796b2df8d4a.png]<https://www.vetta.nz>  .[cid:058_line_9bae9502-1e3a-48a3-ba5e-34ed9cd44185.png]        Matthew McTague
Head of Infrastructure  [cid:bea-finalist-email_2ddba0ed-b9bb-4ab9-b680-84aa7f54077f.png]  [cid:bea-winner-banner-email_590096c3-05a6-4c98-b071-1c4d748c3534.png] .
D +64 3 222 6013<tel:+64%203%20222%206013> | P +64 3 684 5770
E matthew.mctague at vetta.nz<mailto:matthew.mctague at vetta.nz> | W www.vetta.nz<https://www.vetta.nz>
Vetta Group Ltd and its subsidiaries accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company, its subsidiaries, partners or contractors.
.