[EXTERNAL] Help in Configuring EAP-SIM

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 7 20:46:37 UTC 2022

On Feb 7, 2022, at 3:26 PM, Shane Guan <shaneguan at microsoft.com> wrote:
> I tried putting the Ki and OP into the /etc/freeradius/users file as follows
> DEFAULT     Suffix == "3gppnetwork.org"
>     EAP-Type := SIM,
>     EAP-SIM-Ki := 0xd0356b75c19b4a62b1a5423aacc96e42,
>     EAP-Sim-Algo-Version := 1

  See "man users".

> I know that this will apply for any user with a suffix of 3gppnetwork.org but I just wanted to do a sanity check with it.
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't cause the attributes to be put in the control list, but instead in request->reply->vps. What would be the best way to configure the server to put those attributes in the control list?

  See "man users".  This is documented extensively.  Control items are on the first line.  Reply items are on other lines.

  The server can't magically figure out where things go.  The configuration files have a specific format, and that format helps to tell the server what you want it to do.