[EXTERNAL] Help in Configuring EAP-SIM

Shane Guan shaneguan at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 7 23:29:09 UTC 2022

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response! I put everything in the first line as per your suggestion and the server did put them in the control list. Unfortunately, the server ran into a segfault after parsing a packet from the peer and I have attached the logs below.

I did some preliminary investigations on this and gdb says that the segfault happened at src/modules/rlm_eap/libeap/eapsimlib.c:341
To be exact,
fr_pair_afrom_num(r, eapsim_attribute+PW_EAP_SIM_BASE, 0);
returned a null pointer, because the attr/vendor combination was not recognized by the server. I noticed that in the comments for that function, it says that it is supposed to call a function to create a dynamic DICT_ATTR, but the function never did.

Could you direct me to the documentation on this? Perhaps I didn't configure the server to recognize some attribute sent by eapol_test? Thanks!

Shane