Self Service Kiosk / Workflow to trust untrusted devices to add them to personal VLAN dynamically

Stefan Mueller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:39:20 CET 2022

> FreeRADIUS doesn't have APIs - you write data into databases using some
> external method. FreeRADIUS reads data from databases and uses that to
> make the policy decisions.

so it would basically only database (or files) manipulation

As I said, it may be. Depends on whether the AP can do VLAN allocationot
> together with WAP2-PSK. It normally only works with WPA2-Enterprise.

 it does but would not do a RADIUS query.
 I meant WPA2-EAP-PSK, my fault, I'm sorry for the confusion

by the way, why do you not integrate/leverage fgsants/REST-API-FreeRADIUS:
A simple REST Server for the FreeRADIUS rlm_rest module (github.com)
<https://github.com/fgsants/REST-API-FreeRADIUS> to allow
integration/automation "out of the box"?