FR 3.0 doesn't return Tunnel-Type, Tunnel-Medium-Type, Tunnel-Private-Group-Id in Access-Accept

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:07:50 CET 2022

Hi Alex,

I'm glad that has worked.

FreeRADIUS's configuration is actually driven by the file radiusd.conf -
if you look in there, you'll see various $INCLUDE lines which pull in
files from other sub directories, including sites-enabled.

So, the default configuration that ships with FreeRADIUS has a bunch of
example virtual servers in sites-available with just a limited number
(usually only "default" and "inner-tunnel") symlinked into sites-enabled.

Ultimately it doesn't matter whether the files in sites-enabled are
symlinks to those in sites-available, or whether they are just plain
files - as long as the "$INCLUDE sites-enabled/" line is in
radiusd.conf, FreeRADIUS will read whatever is in that directory as it
is reading its configuration.

The same approach is used with modules - sample modules configurations
are in mods-available, with the commonly used ones then symlinked into
mods-enabled in the default configuration.

Nick