ERROR: rlm_eap (EAP): No EAP session matching state

deepak rawat deepakrawat.singh at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 15:10:45 UTC 2022

Hi Alan,
Sorry for formatting :)
Thanks for quick response!!
Is their any way by which we can increase the waiting time in freeradius for these EAP message or any tweak in file which can help.
Regards,Deepak Rawat

    On Friday, January 28, 2022, 03:48:23 PM GMT+1, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

 On Jan 28, 2022, at 9:37 AM, deepak rawat via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I need a help to know why this problem is coming in Free radius which i am usuing as it was working properly before but now when we connect the Cisco 9000 Series nexus switch we are facing this problem.
> Should we need to tweak some parameter in freeradius file to recover this. I have no idea how can i recover it can anyone help or guide.
>
> (7) eap: Expiring EAP session with state 0x287d8eea2e74834b(7) eap: ERROR: rlm_eap (EAP): No EAP session matching state 0x287d8eea2d75834b(7) eap: Either EAP-request timed out OR EAP-response to an unknown EAP-request(7) eap: Failed in handler(7)    [eap] = invalid(7)  } # authenticate = invalid(7) Failed to authenticate the user(7) Using Post-Auth-Type Reject(7) # Executing group from file /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default(7)  Post-Auth-Type REJECT {(7) attr_filter.access_reject: EXPAND %{User-Name}(7) attr_filter.access_reject:    --> E23D364711.x.com(7)

  That's pretty bad.

  I don't mean the error messages.  I mean the formatting.  It's completely unreadable.

  The error message is pretty clear.  The EAP session is *supposed* to finish very quickly.  i.e. less than a second for all packets.  Each packet is supposed to be sent very quickly after the reply to the previous packet.

  That's not happening here.

  Instead, the packet which is producing the error is coming 30 seconds after the previous reply.  There's simply no good reason for that.

  What else is going on?

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html