Releasing 3.0.26 and 3.2.0 soon

Mark J. Bobak mark at bobak.net
Fri Jun 10 20:37:27 UTC 2022

FYI, in terms of OpenSSL3 compatibility, I have not run into this w/
FreeRadius, but on my personal laptop, I ran into an incompatibility with
AWS VPN software when I upgraded Ubuntu to 22.04, which switched to
OpenSSL3.  I was going to be stuck with a broken AWS VPN until AWS came out
with a new release that specifically addressed the issue.

I found a pretty simple workaround.  I grabbed the openssl1.1 DEB from
Ubuntu 20.04 and manually installed it on 22.04.  It co-exists with
OpenSSL3 with no problem (that I have found yet), and allows AWS VPN to
work on 22.04.

Perhaps a similar workaround would work with FreeRadius on an OpenSSL3
system?

Not that it's required anymore, as you now have official patches that
support OpenSSL3, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

-Mark