Proxy response_window issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 13 20:12:05 UTC 2022

On Jun 13, 2022, at 3:51 PM, JS SV <jssv51997 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think what you say makes sense to me. but I am not sure about it.
> If I send three Access-Requests, each of them will have its
> response_window, right?

  Yes.

> so, when the first packet arrives, the home_server have 20s before the
> server is marked zombie?(this is the part that I may not fully
> understand). and the two subsequent packages will have their own
> response_window timers?
>
> I do not finish seeing clearly because if I define 20s as response_window
> it is taking me 30s to mark as zombie

  The timers are drive by packets from the clients.  There is no timer started when the first packet is proxied.

  i.e if the client sends packets at 0 seconds, 8, 16, and 24 seconds, the server will see at 24 seconds that the home server is not responsive.  The server won't fire a timer at 20 seconds exactly.