Multi-tenancy support

Cecil Wei cecilwei at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 14:45:33 UTC 2022

Hi Alan,

Thanks again for your reply. May I start by answering the questions that
you mentioned?

The requirement is to identify tenants of RADIUS requests from devices made
by different vendors (Cisco,

1. Can the same MAC appear in different tenants?

Yes, we don't plan to add restrictions on this.

2. Are there multiple tenants behind one RADIUS proxy?

There will be no radius proxy in front of freeradius server.

3. Is there anything in the Access-Request packets which lets you
distinguish one tenant from each other?  (i.e. run the server in debug
mode, or use wireshark)

We want our service to be vendor agnostic. So it’s preferable to identify
tenant without specific attributes in Access-Request

4. An individual shared secret for each tenant for security concerns.

Hoping I am providing enough details for my needs. Thank you very much.

Cecil

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> 於 2022年6月19日 週日 晚上8:57寫道: