EAP-PEAP - difference between 3.0.25 and 3.2

Kamil Jońca kjonca at op.pl
Wed Jun 29 19:01:11 UTC 2022

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> writes:

> On Jun 28, 2022, at 9:10 PM, Kamil Jońca <kjonca at op.pl> wrote:
>> I am afraid I have to. There exists packages which wants to use
>> libssl1.x and packages which wants to use libssl3.
>
>   The FreeRADIUS packages should use only one version of OpenSSL.
Why?

Sooner or later they *have* to migrate to ssl3. Newer radius version is
(IMO)  quite good reason to use newer library version .

Of course we can imagine scenario:
1. upgrade radius package
2. wait
3. upgrade linking (ssl1.x -> ssl3)
but I believe this needs more efforts from distribution folks.

But I am not going  to be distribution folks attorney.

I simply understand their decision. Now I have find some time to
compile radius against ssl1 and return with results (if anyone
interested) and possibly issue bug to debian/ssl.

For now I think we are done.

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html