Calling-Station-Id Issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 10 17:03:11 UTC 2022

On Mar 10, 2022, at 11:28 AM, Ammad Ali <ammad.ali at rapidcompute.com> wrote:
> We are currently using FR 3.0.4 on CentOS7 with SQL backend. Now we are
> planning to migrate it to 3.0.25 installed from
> https://networkradius.com/packages/#:~:text=number%20of%20platforms-,UBUNTU,
> -Add%20the%20APT

  Hmm... mangled URLs.  OK...

> Currently the authentication is getting failed with below logs.
> Thu Mar 10 13:47:43 2022 : Debug: (0) sql: User found in radcheck table
>
> Thu Mar 10 13:47:43 2022 : ERROR: (0) sql:
>
> Thu Mar 10 13:47:43 2022 : ERROR: (0) sql: ^ Empty expression

  So... you have garbage in your SQL database.  Why?

  Put attributes and values into SQL.  Follow the documentation for how to do this.

> Full logs are here.
>
> https://pastebin.com/7xvgukiq

  Case the logs in the message, as suggested by the documentation.  The harder you make it for people to help you, the less likely people are to help you.

> With my current production setup I am using Calling-Station-Id to restrict
> MAC for authentication and I want to use the same with 3.0.25. How to
> achieve this ?

  Read the docs.

  The issue here is that you're not saying what you want to do.  You're not saying what you put into SQL.  But you want us to help you.

  We need more information.  Until you post that information, there's very little advice we can give you.