Failed to find 'Auth-Type EAP' section.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 30 14:59:53 UTC 2022

On Mar 30, 2022, at 10:54 AM, David le Roux <david.leroux at miller.co.uk> wrote:

> I tried using mods-enabled

  What does that mean?  "I tried to do stuff, but it didn't work"

> but when I tried to change it to use TLS then I couldn't start radius.

  If only the server produced some kind of error message...

  Read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  It's clear that either you haven't read it, or you don't think that the instructions apply to you.  If you want people to help you, then follow instructions.  Or, your messages will get ignored.

> Reverting it to default and pushing the TLS settings to eap.conf doesn't brick it.

  How about:

a) install 3.0.25

b) make configuration changes gradually, testing at each stage.

  It looks like you have a configuration from ~8 years ago, which has been copied over and over to new machines.  That's just bad practice.  Use the 3.0.25 configuration files and layout.  It's clearer, it's documented, and it works.