Releasing 3.0.26 and 3.2.0 soon

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 29 15:15:01 UTC 2022

  We're going to release 3.0.26 and 3.2.0 in the near future.  After months of work, they're finally ready for release.

  The delays were due to two issues.

  One was the release of OpenSSL3.  It behaves differently than previous versions of OpenSSL, and it took a while to track down exactly what was going on.  Thanks to Alex Clouter for patches.

  The second delay was due to Windows 11 inter-operability.  We've been working closely with the Windows team to ensure that their software works with ours, and vice-versa.  The use of TLS 1.3 complicates things, as TLS 1.3 is substantially different from earlier versions of TLS.  Thanks again to Alex Clouter for testing and patches.

  We will be releasing 3.2.0 as the "new feature" branch of the v3 series.  3.2 will be 100% configuration compatible with 3.0, but will have new features which are not available in the main 3.0 release.

  We will be continuing to maintain 3.0 for the forseeable future.  However, it will be "feature frozen".  The only patches going into 3.0 will be bug fixes.  This helps to ensure stability and low cost of maintenance.

  Matthew Newton is the v3 release manager, and can comment more if needed.