Releasing 3.0.26 and 3.2.0 soon

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Thu Mar 31 11:20:49 UTC 2022

On 29/03/2022 16:15, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    We will be releasing 3.2.0 as the "new feature" branch of the v3 series.  3.2 will be 100% configuration compatible with 3.0, but will have new features which are not available in the main 3.0 release.
>
>    We will be continuing to maintain 3.0 for the forseeable future.  However, it will be "feature frozen".  The only patches going into 3.0 will be bug fixes.  This helps to ensure stability and low cost of maintenance.

Unfortunately as Alan said due to OpenSSL 3 we've put more into 3.0.x
than planned since 3.0.25 when we announced it would be bug
fixes/security only.

We felt it was necessary to ensure 3.0.x would continue to work with
OpenSSL 3 and TLS 1.3 going forwards, otherwise it would become EOL a
lot faster than planned.

>    Matthew Newton is the v3 release manager, and can comment more if needed.

We have built packages of the current development versions. They are
available in the devel repositories here:

version 3.0.x:

   http://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-devel-3.0/

version 3.2.x:

   http://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-devel-3.2/

(Follow the set-up instructions at https://packages.networkradius.com/
as usual, but use the above URLs. Note that the 3.2 packages currently
have 3.0+git versions as there hasn't been a 3.2 release yet.)

Please test! There are a lot more diverse systems/configurations out
there than we are able to test here. These packages are drop-in
replacements for current 3.0.x packages (but goes without saying, make
backups beforehand, as always).

All being well we will release 3.2.0 within the next couple of weeks,
and 3.0.26 shortly after.

--
Matthew