Azure AD and freeradius

a.sinnige at sae.edu a.sinnige at sae.edu
Thu Mar 31 11:08:43 UTC 2022

Hi all,

A bit of an open question about Azure.

I currently have running :

AzureAD->on prem AD->samba/ldap-> freeradius

Running every type of hardwarePC/Mac/Phones/BYOD for Staff/Students/External Eduroam users.
Doing user/password type logins for wifi/ethernet/computers etc.. (not certs)

Most users are doing PEAP->mschapv2 by default. All without requiring to provision devices with profiles/certs.

This works quite well and THX to all freeradius staff for this wonderful product :-)

But we are setting up a new company and I was thinking if there is maybe a way to cut out the onprem/cloud based AD ?
So   AzureAD->freeradius   without losing the capability to do TTLS-pap AND Peap-mschapv2 ? (no certificates)

Any ideas ?

Arjan Sinnige