Unix domain socket support for authentication and accounting?

William Tang galaxyking0419 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:57:06 UTC 2022

> I can’t realize a use-case for that… but, if you don’t mind please share
with us what you have in mind…
I have a server running both strongswan VPN server and freeradius for
authentication and accounting.  Unix domain sockets would be more efficient
for communication between processes on the same machine.

>  Btw, you could do some _hack_ using _socat_ as described in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2149564/redirecting-tcp-traffic-to-a-unix-domain-socket-under-linux
see if the _unix-socket_ is useful in your case.
Thanks for the suggestion, but redirecting the traffic will introduce even
more overhead than plain tcp.  So, freeradius does not support unix domain
socket for authentication and accounting, right?