FreeRadius and Active Directory and SSSD

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 11 12:13:35 UTC 2022

On May 11, 2022, at 7:59 AM, White, Daniel E. (GSFC-770.0)[AEGIS] via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> No offense meant.
> I am just being thorough.

  No, you're expressing doubt when given clear and descriptive answers.  Which is implying that I'm misleading you, or lying to you.

  Such responses are not appropriate.

> I have already experienced applications that allow authentication through AD that only perceive groups for the authentication.  Once you are past that, there is no access to AD group information.

  That's sad, but irrelevant.

  A *good* response to my message would have been "OK, I'll try that, and check out the documentation".

  A *bad* response is "I'm not sure I believe you".

  FreeRADIUS comes with extensive documentation, examples, and *explicit references* to checking AD groups in the "ldap" configuration file.  Did you read any of that?

  The frustration here is that my time writing the docs and answering questions is being wasted, because you're not reading the documentation, and you're doubting the answers I give.  You're giving every indication that people should just ignore your messages, because you're going to ignore any help we give.