Received Conflict packets in RADIUS accounting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 29 11:28:20 UTC 2022

On Sep 29, 2022, at 7:17 AM, Imdad Hasan <imdadalikadiwala0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am receiving an error about conflict packet like
>
> *Error: Received conflicting packet from client NAS1 port 53433 - ID: 194
> due to unfinished request in module <queue>.  Giving up on old request.*
>
> 1.) At this time my radius server hangs and takes 100% CPU.
> 2.) From some time the linux kernel is taking 30% CPU constantly.
>
> I am using ubuntu-server 20.04 with freeradius 3.0.20.

  You should use 3.2.0, but that won't help.  The problem is almost definitely your database.

  Read the *rest* of the messages in the log files.  You will likely see messages about "module sql became unblocked" or "module sql is unresponsive"/

  Something else is blocking the server, and is preventing it from doing work.  It is almost always something like a database.  Or maybe a slow Perl module, or even you're exec'ing complicated scripts.

  If you put a name and password into the "users" file, FreeRADIUS can handle 40K packets/s.  So if your local site can't handle 100 packets/s, then it's something broken in your local system.