RADSEC / TLS errors but not sure why

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 7 20:39:43 UTC 2023

On Aug 7, 2023, at 4:17 PM, James Wood via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I know, and understand. I am reading your replies, and they are most helpful.
> I am asking follow up questions because although everything you are saying
> makes sense, I haven't been able to get it working.

  That is clear.  What isn't helpful is repeating the same thing over and over.  Or not paying attention to the replies.

  A common problem I've seen repeatedly is people sending many many messages to the list, all quickly, and trying a bunch of different things.  This is entirely the wrong approach.  You have to take a methodical approach.  Which doesn't involve repeating the same actions.

> I am using an out the box freeradius 3.2.3 config with modified tls and eap
> sections as per my original post. I thought you said openssl handles all
> the TLS comms, therefore apart from setting the path to my certs, what else
> can I do in freeradius config to help? Therefore the comments and
> documentation don't help me solve this because I've not set anything that
> would cause this.

  Except that it doesn't work.  And the default configuration does work.  So....