radtest No "known good" password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 10 11:18:56 UTC 2023

On Aug 10, 2023, at 6:11 AM, Tristan via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> During that process I had to create the folder
> /etc/freeradius/mods-config/files, it was not already present.

  That should be your first hint that something is wrong.

  When you install the server, the configuration directories are created.  So you don't need to create them yourself.

  Since you created them yourself, this means that:

* the server is reading its files from directory A

* you put files into directory B

  And then you're wondering why the server isn't reading the files you created.

> Outputs are:
>
> On Terminal A:

  ALL of the documentation says to post the output of "radiusd -X".   We don't need to see the output of radclient.  It doesn't help.

> Debug from Terminal B:
>
> (8) Received Access-Request Id 29 from 127.0.0.1:53848 to 127.0.0.1:1812
> length 77

  ALL of the documentation says to post the debug output.  ALL OF IT.

  http://wiki.freeradius.org/radiusd-X

  Specifically:  https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/radiusd-X#startup-text_modules

  The server tells you which configuration files it is reading.  The example in the documentation even shows which files the "files" module is reading.

> I’m probably missing something fairly obvious. Please help?

  Follow the documentation.

  Read the debug output.  See what files it is reading.

  Then... edit those files.  Not some random other one that you created.