FreeRadius 3.2.3 not starting due to missing MongoDB driver

Ibrahim Al Mahfooz ibrahim.nezar at sevennet.net
Sun Aug 13 17:16:39 UTC 2023

May I ask, if i build a new a new package from source which i guess you
mean from FR git, how to ensure MongoDb driver will be included during the
build stage?

Any flag related to mongodb should be included during the config step or
will i need to install mongodb client before the compile step?

Appreciate hints or a reference to a guide for this driver inclusion

Thanks Alan

On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 at 18:05 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2023, at 10:59 AM, Ibrahim Al Mahfooz <
> ibrahim.nezar at sevennet.net> wrote:
> > We are unable to start FreeRadius with MongoDB sql driver enabled on sql
> > module, it is stating:
> >
> > Could not link driver rlm_sql_mongo:
> > /usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_sql_mongo.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No
> > such file or directory
> > Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of
> > your system's ld
> > /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql[27]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
> >
> > We installed Freeradius v3.2.3 using the official repo of Rocky Linux 8
> > below:
> > http://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-3.2/rocky/
>
>   The Mongo driver is experimental, and isn't in the default packages.
>
>   You will have to build a new package from source.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Ibrahim Abdulatif

IT and EPC Core Signaling Manager

Sevennet Layers Co., LTD.

+964 (0) 53 511 5514 <+964+(0)+53+511+5514> | +964 (0) 770 471 5514
<+964+(0)+770+471+5514>
www.sevennet.net
2nd Floor, Faruk Investment Group, Salim Street, Sulaymaniyah, Iraq