How "bind as user" mode works?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 17 14:05:29 UTC 2023

On Aug 17, 2023, at 10:02 AM, Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes <rodrigoantunes at pelotas.ifsul.edu.br> wrote:

> It didn't! That's what I said earlier and thats the reason why I posted in the list.
>
> Like I said, I followed that guide and it didn't work.
>
> This is what the debug output says:
>
> (25) ldap: WARNING: No "known good" password added. Ensure the admin user has permission to read the password attribute
> (25) ldap: WARNING: PAP authentication will *NOT* work with Active Directory (if that is what you were trying to configure)

  It says a lot more than that.

  Post ALL OF THE DEBUG OUTPUT.

  All of the documentation says to do this.

  It is extremely unhelpful to ignore all of the available documentation, and to post a message saying "I did stuff, and it didn't work".

  Again, if you use TTLS+PAP it will work.

  I will bet that the full debug output shows that it's doing PEAP+MSCHAP.  Which won't work.  And all of the documentation explains why it won't work.