not reading the debug output is bad

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 4 18:36:13 UTC 2023

On Dec 4, 2023, at 1:10 PM, Deepansha Gaur <dgaur at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> I have confirmed from the team and there's nothing blocking freeradius to
> reach the WLC. The WLC is open to everything in the organisation.
> The packets are reaching freeradius as I can see an "Access-Request" on
> FreeRadius (from radsniff and tcpdump). Attaching a screenshot for
> reference.

  Don't post screenshots.  They're useless and annoying.  All of the documentation for the list says don't post screenshots.

  Is it really that difficult to cut & paste text?

  For the underlying issue, Nick is right here.  You're sending packets to IP X, and the server is listening on IP Y.

  The default configuration includes a "listen" section which has "ipaddr = *", so it will accept packets to any IP address associated with the machine.  Someone edited the configuration file, and broke it.

  Don't do that.  Do read the debug output.  Do compare IP addresses.