Freeradius support for password compatibility

florentvercourt at gmail.com florentvercourt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:02:53 UTC 2023

Hello,

I would like to have some information about Freeradius supports for RADIUS
protocol and password compatibility. I already looked at
https://networkradius.com/articles/2021/08/23/protocols-and-password-compati
bility.html.

I use EAP-TTLS/PAP to authenticate my users, and I would like to know if
freeradius is able to apply a hash to the cleartext password transmitted
within PAP module, when passwords are stored with an SHA256 or SHA512
encryption in an LDAP; or do I have to use "ldap bind as users" instead of
the PAP module to authenticate my users.

Thank you for your help,

Florent VERCOURT