Renaming of radusergroup table is not bound to the sql mod file definition

Conrad Classen conrad.classen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:24:03 UTC 2023

Good day

I need to rename the radusergroup and radreply tables in order to ensure
that different radius servers using a common database do not hand out he
incorrect Framed-Ip-Address attribute as well as the group used for each
specific radius server.

I have many thousands of SIM's being authenticated and need to ensure
that there is a separation on the common database server.

The radreply table rename works correctly in that the name defined for
the table in the sql mod is what will be used.

However, the table name I have defined in the sql mod file for the
radusergroup table is not being used by queries, and it still continues
to look for the original table name. I suspect that the table names are
hard coded and the FreeRadius server is using that.

I am using FreeRadius 3.2.1
radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 3.2.1, for host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu,
built on Oct  3 2022 at 22:07:38
FreeRADIUS Version 3.2.1
Copyright (C) 1999-2022 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors
PARTICULAR PURPOSE
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT

The following from the radiusd -X debug output shows that the table name
I have set is not being used.

rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
rlm_sql_postgresql: 42P01: UNDEFINED TABLE
(5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: ERROR:  relation "radusergroup" does not exist
(5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: LINE 1: SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup
WHERE Us...
(5) sql:
rlm_sql_postgresql:                                                ^
(5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: QUERY:  SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup
WHERE UserName = NEW.UserName
(5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function upd_radgroups()
line 7 at SQL statement
(5) sql: SQL query returned: need alt query

Thanks

--

Conrad