Renaming of radusergroup table is not bound to the sql mod file definition

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 11:11:16 UTC 2023

On 03/01/2023 22:24, Conrad Classen wrote:

> However, the table name I have defined in the sql mod file for the
> radusergroup table is not being used by queries, and it still
> continues to look for the original table name. I suspect that the
> table names are hard coded and the FreeRadius server is using that.

None of the SQL queries used by FreeRADIUS are hard coded - they are all
in the config for you to amend as suits your case.  The only thing set
is the order in which columns must be returned.

If you have started from the stock raddb, then the queries for
PostgreSQL are in mods-config/sql/main/postgresql/queries.conf

The group membership query there uses ${usergroup_table} to reference
the table to be queried for group membership - typically that is set in
mods-enabled/sql:

     usergroup_table = "radusergroup"

> The following from the radiusd -X debug output shows that the table
> name I have set is not being used.
>
> rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
> rlm_sql_postgresql: 42P01: UNDEFINED TABLE
> (5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: ERROR:  relation "radusergroup" does not
> exist
> (5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: LINE 1: SELECT GroupName FROM
> radusergroup WHERE Us...
> (5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: ^
> (5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: QUERY:  SELECT GroupName FROM
> radusergroup WHERE UserName = NEW.UserName
> (5) sql: rlm_sql_postgresql: CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function
> upd_radgroups() line 7 at SQL statement
> (5) sql: SQL query returned: need alt query

You either have usergroup_table still set to radusergroup, or you have
amended the queries.conf file to specifically refer to radusergroup
rather than the expansion ${usergroup_table}

Nick

--
Nick Porter