FreeRadius Integration with Microsoft Active Directory

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Sun Jan 8 17:09:08 UTC 2023

Mandi! Singh,  Ramanpreet via Freeradius-Users
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I read above links where it has been mentioned to used samba for AD integration, however this requires SAMBA AD-DC, which we don't have in our enviornment.

No, you need an AD domain (samba or MS, it is the same) and a linux box with
a winbind daemon running: both the domain member and domain controller
configuration work, but it suffices you install winbind, configure samba
(smb.conf) as domain member and join the domain.

--
  There are only 10 kinds of people in the world --
  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.	(Roberto Maglica)