FreeRadius Integration with Microsoft Active Directory

Singh, Ramanpreet raman.singh at bell.ca
Mon Jan 9 17:17:31 UTC 2023

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your response. From your response I understand, even if my AD Domain is running on MS (Microsoft), I can join the RHEL to AD domain using 'winbind daemon', which I did.

After joining the RHEL 8 Server to domain, 'winbind' is still not working, it's giving the below error.

[root at localhost.domain.com]# wbinfo -a FreeRADIUSdev2
Enter FreeRADIUSdev2's password:
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user FreeRADIUSdev2 with plaintext password
Enter FreeRADIUSdev2's password:
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind separator!
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind netbios name!
could not obtain winbind interface details: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE
could not obtain winbind domain name!
Failed to get domain from winbindd
Could not authenticate user FreeRADIUSdev2 with challenge/response

Regards
Raman Singh

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Freeradius-Users digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: FreeRadius Integration with Microsoft Active Directory
      (Marco Gaiarin)

Message: 1