TLS v1.3

Paul Bone paul.bone at probitas-solutions.tech
Tue Jan 17 12:43:29 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have a freeradius server running v3.0.16 which is performing WPA2 Enterprise Authentication and VLAN assignment for a multi-tenant WiFi system.

The latest windows 11 update appears to have forced the use of TLS1.3 and clients will no longer authenticate without a registry change back to TLS1.2.

I don't have in-depth knowledge of Freeradius; I can install, configure and work with config files and debugs, so was just asking for a little advice on the best way for me to enable TLS1.3?

Do I need to upgrade? Will there be any configuration changes required? Obviously we still need to support lower TLS versions as well.

Internet searches have given me conflicting information, and I can't find when TLS 1.3 support started.

Thanks

Paul Bone
Network Consultant/Engineer