TLS v1.3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 17 14:58:23 UTC 2023

On Jan 17, 2023, at 9:55 AM, Paul Bone <paul.bone at probitas-solutions.tech> wrote:

>> Install a new package.  It won't over-write your existing configuration.
>
> This I have done but freeradius is no longer loading with the following error:
>
> root at ip-xxxxxxx:~# freeradius -X
> FreeRADIUS Version 3.2.1
> Copyright (C) 1999-2022 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE
> You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License
> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.dhcp
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.vqp
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
> Unable to open file "/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf": No such file or directory
> Errors reading or parsing /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
>
> My config file is located in "/etc/freeradius/3.0/radiusd.conf", and in fact there are no other folders directly under "/etc/freeradius/"

  Two things:

1) if you mix and match packages from different sources, they may put configuration files into different places.  This is how packaging systems work

2) the server configuration is just directories and files on the disk.  You can use normal file management tools to create, copy, delete, or link files.