Building freeradius against mariadb client library

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Thu Jul 20 22:21:15 UTC 2023

On 7/20/2023 5:05 PM, Matthew Newton via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> On 20/07/2023 22:38, Bill Schoolfield wrote:
>> It doesn't appear (we could be completely wrong here) that the mysql
>> client libraries are available. I do see mention of them online in a
>> package named default-libmysqlclient-dev but a package search using
>> dpkg-query reveals nothing by that name.
>
>   # apt-cache search libmysqlclient
>   default-libmysqlclient-dev - MySQL database development files
> (metapackage)
>
> dpkg-query won't query the repos, so you'll only see things that are
> already installed.

Thanks I was using these command interchangeably. Debian is new to me
and it seems there are many commands for getting info on packages.

>> I either need the appropriate packages for Debian, or I need to alter
>> the build to use the mariadb library and includes. Perhaps modifying
>> configure.ac to use mariadb_config?
>>
>> What is the solution here?
>
>   $ make deb

What does this link against?  Ideally I'd like mariadb clients and the
mariadb server on this host only.

> or the simplest is to just use the packages we provide from Network
> RADIUS:
>
>   https://packages.networkradius.com/

Considering this. The reason for building was we were a CentOS shop and
the packaged FreeRadius was very old. We also (at the time) had our own
module (written in C). That module has since been retired.

Bill