rlm_perl module crash on high load, need to restart service

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 5 14:55:21 UTC 2023

On Jun 5, 2023, at 9:20 AM, Imdad Hasan <imdadalikadiwala0 at gmail.com> wrote

> Great if the perl or any module will provide async support.
> Right now I am using FreeRADIUS version 3.0.20 with Jan-2023 built.

  Why use 3.0.20?  3.0.26 is out, and has a number of fixes.

> Actually I tried loading with Jmeter, it's handling around 300 requests per
> second, but sometimes the resend ratio is big compared to my last exec
> module php script..

 We tested FreeRADIUS 10 years ago at 50K packets per second to openldap. If you're only getting 300 packets a second, then the problem is the Perl code you added.

> Even the new perl module and php swoole back-end is very light weight with
> Async MySQL support.

  It's not light weight if it can't handle 300 packets a second.

> Please guide me for a quick solution for now, after FreeRADIUS 4.x, i will
> upgrade it.

  I already said what the solution was. Fix the code you added so that it can handle more than 300 packets per second.

  FreeRADIUS is fine.