Using libkqueue, how stable it is with freeradius 3.x?

work vlpl thework.vlpl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:53:19 UTC 2023

On 15 Jun 2023 at 14:33:51, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>  Why are you trying to use 3.2 with libkqueue?  There is pretty much zero benefit.

I have a situation when I need to use freeradius as a load balancer to look inside radius packets for attributes because balancing only by IP + port not helping since each new packet from some clients arrives from new source ports (can't fix clients).

Select() has a limitation in 1024 fd and during the testing I hit such a limit.

>  If you want to use libkqueue on Linux with v3, then either don't (the recommended approach), or use the most recent code from the git repo.  The released packages of libkqueue are very old.

I am compiling freeradius with 2.6.1 libkqueue, is it ok or do I need to use HEAD for the master branch?