Using libkqueue, how stable it is with freeradius 3.x?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 15 12:33:51 UTC 2023

On Jun 15, 2023, at 6:36 AM, work vlpl <thework.vlpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I want to try to use freeradius 3.2.x which is compiled with libkquueue. In my tests, it is working fine. But I also see the list of know issues https://github.com/mheily/libkqueue/blob/master/BUGS.md of libkqueue and just want to double-check if I should not use it.

  Why are you trying to use 3.2 with libkqueue?  There is pretty much zero benefit.

> But I hope that since freeradius 4.x by default will use it the library integration is fine and the listed issues are not affecting freeradius 4.x or 3.x.

  v4 requires the most recent development version of libkqueue.  We've put many fixes into libkqueue.

  v3 uses select() etc. on Linux, and kqueue() on OSX and *BSD.

  If you want to use libkqueue on Linux with v3, then either don't (the recommended approach), or use the most recent code from the git repo.  The released packages of libkqueue are very old.