Errors when building binary RPM on OL9

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 30 10:56:19 UTC 2023

On Jun 30, 2023, at 12:47 AM, Linus Hicks <linus.hicks at highstreetit.com> wrote:
> I had not looked at networkradius.com as I am not looking for commercial support.

  At no point did I say anything which could be interpreted as "buy support".

  What I meant was that the scripts in the redhat/ directory work.  We use them *daily* to build RPM packages.

> I have been reading the documentation and found the Wiki here: https://wiki.freeradius.org/Home
> Saw the link for Pre-built packages that sent me here: https://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Pre-built-Packages
> Did not see one that looked suitable for RHEL (which seemed strange) in the list of Official packages.
> Saw the link for Building from source code that sent me here: https://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Home
> Saw the section on Building Packages.

  You can type "rpm" into the Wiki search bar.  The first link there is extensive instructions for building on RedHat.  Since Oracle Linux is based on RedHat, the instructions should work.

  There's even a link to SRPMs

> And "make rpm" doesn't work (assuming there's no difference between the gz and bz2 files besides the compression method);

 For now, do:

$ tar -zxf freeradius-server-3.2.3.tar.bz2
$ cd  freeradius-server-3.2.3
$ cp ../freeradius-server-3.2.3.tar.bz2 .
$ make rpm

  That should work.