release 3.2.2 devel

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 11 13:34:15 UTC 2023

On Mar 10, 2023, at 6:30 PM, Peter Lee <peterli2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to build 3.2.2 on CentOS7 because we will need to do a little
> customization.  But before integrating our stuff yet, I got 3.2.2 compiling
> errors like
>
> "src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/rlm_eap_pwd.c:293:40: error:
> 'PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP' undeclared (first use in this function"
> and so on.

  That's because you're not using the standard build system.  It processes dictionaries and creates C macro names from them.  See the difference between "git grep", which looks for strings in checked-in files, and "grep -r", which looks for files in the local file system:

$ git grep PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP
src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/rlm_eap_pwd.c:            vp = fr_pair_afrom_num(fake->packet, PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP, 0);
src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/rlm_eap_pwd.c:    vp = fr_pair_find_by_num(fake->config, PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP, 0, TAG_ANY);

$ grep -r PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP src/
src//include/attributes.h:#define PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP 1222
src//modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/rlm_eap_pwd.c:		vp = fr_pair_afrom_num(fake->packet, PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP, 0);
src//modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/rlm_eap_pwd.c:	vp = fr_pair_find_by_num(fake->config, PW_EAP_PWD_PASSWORD_PREP, 0, TAG_ANY);

  The "src/include/attributes.h" file is auto-generated by the build system from the dictionaries.

> So to build from 3.2.2 release tar file on CentOS 7 probably requires
> updates of freeradius-devel that contains header files for these attribute
> names? Thanks.

  No.  It requires you to use the build system included with FreeRADIUS.

  You're using some other build system, which you haven't described.  Or, you've change the default build system (again in a way you haven't described), and broken it.

  i.e. If the build works for everyone else and not for you, then something on your local system is broken.