Questions on Free Radius with Shared Secret and special characters

Tammy Dore tammy.dore at forescout.com
Thu Mar 23 16:52:19 UTC 2023

Hi,

We upgraded from a previous version of Free Radius v3.0.19.  Recently we have had some complains that some special characters which used to work in our previous release, no longer work.  So far I have discovered that these special characters do not work: , ; '

So which known special characters are not supported?  Do I need to use an escape sequence in front of the special character to make it work?  I saw a blog that mentioned the correct_escapes setting in radiusd.conf can be used to correct the problem with special characters.  So does setting correct_escapes = false, will that allow a secret with "testing123\," to work?

Thank you!

-Tammy Dore
WARNING - CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. NOTE that all incoming emails sent to Forescout email accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional emails ("spam"). If you have any concerns about this process, please contact us privacy at forescout.com.