cacheable groups for ldap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 22 16:42:21 UTC 2023

On May 22, 2023, at 12:12 PM, dextá <dexter7bbot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any limit on how many groups can be cached via ldap module?

  The limit is 64.  See LDAP_MAX_CACHEABLE in the source.

> I ask because I have some users who have 80 groups in their profile. This
> is because we use AD + Moodle to manage the courses.
>
> This particular user is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi. I suspect that the
> reason might be having too many groups in their profile.

  Perhaps also read the debug output as suggested by all o the documentation.

  The debug output will show which groups matched.  You can use that information to see if the group exists in LDAP, but isn't being matched in FreeRADIUS.  If so, it's likely due to the LDAP_MAX_CACHEABLE flag.