DHCP Radius proxy (IPv4 and IPv6)

Ľudovít Mikula ludovit.mikula at mikori.sk
Tue May 23 07:45:28 UTC 2023

Hi all,

    I have a relay-agent which does only DHCP and is not capable of
talking to RADIUS server (using auth/acct).

However the requirement is to be able to use freeradius with it for the
additional functionalities and configurability, over both IPv4 and IPv6.
The "authentication" should be done only by checking Option82
circuit-id/remote-id against configured user in freeradius.

What are the options for configuring it over IPv6?
Probably some dhcp to radius proxy able to do message conversion like:
DHCP Discover/Solicit -> RADIUS Access-Request
RADIUS Access-Accept -> DHCP Offer/Advertise

What would be the best approach to handle this use case (unfortunately I
cannot change the hardware).

Regards
--
Ludo Mikula