Redundant best practices

Adam Taylor ataylor at ulm.edu
Tue May 30 18:23:15 UTC 2023

Is there a site/page that has the best practices to setting up a redundant/failover Freeradius server?

I have two set up and they both work independently, but when I add them to my wireless system config as primary/secondary, I get weird EAP session not matching at random times and the client just keeps trying to connect.  Remove the "secondary" Radius entry and everything starts working again.  If I flip the primary to secondary.....the secondary by itself has no more problems.  It only happens if I list two Radius servers.  I have now seen this on two completely different wireless systems, so it has made me want to make sure I am not doing something stupid on the Freeradius side that is causing this.

As always, thanks for the help.  BTW, we are running 3.2.1 currently.

Adam